Summer Camp G4 to G7
(9AM to 5:30PM, Extended AM and PM care available)
Play ‘Bubble Soccer’
You likely don’t know what it’s like to play soccer while inside a plastic bubble. It is a lot of laughter and a lot of bumping. There’s bumping, bouncing, rolling and laughing.
World’s Spectacular Natural Wonders, their Geology
Teacher led instruction, with the help of Videos: Students should tremendously enjoy the video footage of the geological formations.
Shaped by erosion, plate tectonics, volcanic eruptions, and other processes over the course of billions of years, Earth is a planet of immense variety. Impressive geological scenes of astonishing valleys, mountains, waterfalls, or other formations make us wonder on the science and process of their formation. Some sample topics are…
- Grand Canyon and it’s Featureless Plateau
- Mount Fiji and it’s perfect cone shape
- Galapagos Rift and moving tectonic plates
- The Himalayas – what makes them so high
- The Amazon basin – 20% of earth’s fresh water
- Iguaza Falls and their connection to mid atlantic ridge
- Iceland – where fire meets ice
- Yellow Stone – volcano beneath a continent
- The Dead Sea – lowest elevation and nine times saltier
Engineering Magic in our Daily Lives
- Engineering in buildings, infrastructure, and ordinary machines
- A house – an engineered system
- Three structural systems of load bearing
- Oil, Gas and Nuclear Power
- Trade-offs of oil, natural gas and nuclear fission for electricity
- Renewable Sources of Electricity
- Electrical Power Transmission – the grid
- Everyday Thermodynamics : connection between heat, temperature, work and energy
- Heating Ventilating and Air-conditioning
- Highway Engineering
- The railroad
3D Printing with ‘Flashforge Dreamer Printer’
Students will use easy-to-learn interface to design simple 3D objects, and print their creations in 3-D print process.
Print their creations in 3D printer.
Students will get hands on practice in 3D designing and printing.
Tech City, Learning to Code—Beginner / Advanced
Students will learn to design and create their own video game using Scratch / Tynker’s easy-to-use drag-and-drop development tools. Using the visual code blocks, they will create characters, add multiple levels, and transform their ideas into a game. A project they will take home, to play on web, iphone Or android.
They will learn programming concepts such as conditional structures and variables, problem solving skills, sequential programming, loops while building fun projects like games, applications and simulations.
This is NOT a generic Public Speaking Program. The program emphasizes on strategies to help students overcome ‘STAGE FRIGHT’.
It will help students to work on their mind and body, to understand their weaknesses, and how to overcome them. How to ground yourself, calm your breath, relax your posture, accept feelings of fear and anxiety, understand the emotional brain and encourage your brain to evolve.
Setting SMART GOALS, and taking SUSTAINABLE ACTIONS.
How to be a Rockstar Student
‘How to learn’, and not merely memorize. Sample topics covered are:
‘Understanding Your Unique Intelligence’
‘Developing Effective Habits in Class’
‘Managing Time and Organizing Space’
‘Taking Charge of Homework’
‘Work with Teachers’
Inventions that Changed the World
Teacher led instruction, with the help of Videos: The engineering concepts, systems, analogy, socio-cultural relevance explained in videos help the
students understand and get engaged.
How all the wheels, gears, engines, and circuits operate, and help understand what it took to create these inventions—both from an engineering stance and from a socio cultural perspective. Sample topics covered are…
- Understand the Process of Invention – Close Observation, Analogy, System thought process, Cultural contact
- Pottery and Metallurgy
- Paper and Printing
- Gunpowder, Guns and Cannons
- Telescopes and Microscopes
- Power of Coal and Iron
- Canals and Railroads
- Batteries and Electric Generators
- Nuclear Power
- Radio and TV
Hubble Telescope—Milky Way and Beyond
Teacher led instruction, with the help of Videos. Understanding the Greatest Images of the Universe. Dazzling voyage of discovery that delights your eyes, feeds your imagination, and sparks your curiosity about the universe.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Hubble telescope and its design—rationale for space telescope
- Star birth to star death—a preview of Sun’s distant future
- Comet Shoemaker – Collision of string of comets with Jupiter
- Sagittarius Star, and history of milky way
- Eagle Nebula – emerging young stars from cocoons of gas and dust
- Hubble’s view of galaxies near and far
- The Hubble ‘Ultra Deep Field’ – The deepest optical image of the cosmos made to date
- Future of Hubble and the next generation of telescopes
Summer Camp Programs:
- Bubble Soccer – What is itlike to play soccer while inside a plastic bubble. It is a lot of laughter and a lot of bumping. There’s bumping, bouncing, rolling and laughing.
- ‘World’s Spectacular Wonders, their Geology’- Teacher led instruction, with the help of Videos, learn about geological formations of: Grand Canyon, Mount Fiji, Galapagos Rift and moving tectonic plates, The Himalayas, The Amazon basin, Iguaza Falls, Iceland, Yellow Stone, The Dead Sea
- ‘Hubble Telescope – Teacher led instruction, with the help of Videos. Understanding the Greatest Images of the Universe. Delights your eyes, feeds your imagination, and sparks your curiosity about the universe.
- “Inventions that changed the world” – Teacher led instruction, with the help of Videos: The engineering concepts, systems, analogy, socio-cultural relevance explained through videos of – nuclear power, radio, tv, paper and printing, pottery, canals and railroads.
- “Engineering in our daily lives” – Teacher led instruction, with the help of Videos: To understand machines around us, their systems, engineering and evolution – A house, oil, gas and nuclear power, Heating, ventilating, highway engineering, railroad, electric power transmission.
- Learning to Code—Programming – Students will learn to design and create their own video game using Scratch / Tynker’s easy-to-use drag-and-drop development tools.
- ‘How to be a Rockstar Student’ – ‘How to learn’, and not merely memorize. ‘Understanding Your Unique Intelligence’, ‘Developing Effective Habits in Class’, ‘Managing Time and Organizing Space’…
- ‘Conquer Stage Fright’ – It will help students to work on their mind and body, to understand their weaknesses, and how to overcome them. How to ground yourself, calm your breath, relax your posture, accept feelings of fear and anxiety, understand the emotional brain and encourage your brain to evolve.
- Knex Engineering, Lego Robotics -Robotics, sequential programming, exploring new ideas
- Language skills – paragraph writing & sentence structure, grammar, reading, vocabulary,
- Math Skills – addition, subtraction, multiplication, tables, fun with Math, Visual Math
- ‘Talent Hunt’
- Science Minions—Science Experiments – hands-on experiments in life sciences and physics, which help understand science, generate curiosity, explore to learn and retain from the experience
- Young Architects – construct your own towers and skyscrapers, learn about gravity, inertia, oscillation, balance, strength of different shapes – engineering design process – ‘make your own structure’
- Theater—’Page to Stage’ – Students will explore all aspects of theatre including script-writing, character development, set design, improvisation, directing, and of course, ACTING while participating in theatrical games and exercises.
- Chefs in Action – Cooking – Children will experience the joy of cooking and will try different mouth watering recipes and crazy food combinations
- Artsville, Claysculpting – imagination to paper, world of colors, shapes, creativity
- Popstars, Hip-hop Hip-hop fusion dance, Sing-along
- Basketball and Soccer Coaching